Volunteer with us
Have you got a bit of spare time and want to give back to your community? Here at FIF we owe much of our success to our dedicated and hardworking team of volunteers. We have many opportunities for people who are interested in supporting our children’s charity, including helping with events, general administration, becoming an adoption champion, or serving as a trustee.
Why volunteer with Faith in Families?
Volunteering with Faith in Families is a great opportunity to join our very friendly group of volunteers who offer an invaluable contribution to the work of the charity. We welcome and value all our volunteers whilst ensuring we provide full training and continuing support.
“We greatly appreciate our volunteers and my thoughts have always been that volunteers bring excitement and enthusiasm and the kind of attitude that can bring many positive changes. In return we have a huge responsibility to ensure that our volunteers, who are, after all, our life-blood, feel fully supported and are offered the same opportunities as paid staff in terms of training, supervision, and feeling valued and appreciated – as well as being part of our close knit team.”
What could you do?
There are lots of volunteer roles available with Faith in Families, and we would love to match your skill set either to a role available, or to work with you to see how you could best support us. Here is what you could get up to:
- Supporting the children’s groups and trips to places such as White Post Farm and Alton Towers
- Helping out at our fundraising events, including organising and on the day
- Need to brush up on your admin skills? We have plenty of opportunities from covering reception to supporting mail outs
- You’ll also learn from our Fundraising and Marketing team, and support them with everything from analytics to zoo vouchers for a silent auction!
- Feel passionate about adoption? We need people to help us share the messages about adoption through social media
- Attend “adoption recruitment” events to encourage others to adopt
- Become a member of the Board and bring your knowledge and expertise to the table
- Use your skills and experience to help Faith in Families have a long and successful future protecting vulnerable children across the East Midlands.
To find out more about working with Faith in Families, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0115 955 8811. We look forward to hearing from you.