What is our School Social Work Service?
Faith in Families’ School Social Work Service can provide your school with a qualified Social Worker who works with pupils to eliminate the barriers to learning. This contributes to the national Every Child Matters agenda that aims to ensure every child has the chance to fulfil their potential by reducing levels of education failure, ill health, substance misuse, teenage pregnancy, abuse and neglect, crime and anti-social behaviour. Launched in 2008, the service has transformed the lives of children and families across the East Midlands through the outstanding work of our experienced, skilled social workers.
Why our School Social Work Service exists
We continuously aspire to excellence and our adoption service has been rated as ‘Outstanding,’ at our last 5 inspections. Our School Social Workers can make a valuable contribution to meeting the expectations of Ofsted in your school. We can help with:
- Personal development
- Managing behaviour
- Creative approaches to student well-being
- Meeting the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils.
- Support and training for staff
Our belief in the importance of family life is as strong today as it was when Faith in Families was founded in 1948. The Agency continues to underpin all its activities with the ethos of keeping children and families at the heart of its work. We make no profit from the delivery of these services, but simply charge what it costs us to deliver them.
Expert social work in your school
We can provide a qualified and experienced Social Worker to your school from one to five days a week depending on need and packages can be tailored to suit the needs of your school. We can support with issues like:
- Individual sessions for specific children
- Crisis support e.g. for bereavement
- Drop in sessions available for all pupils
- Advice with safeguarding matters
- Support to individual staff members
- Attending professionals meetings
- Group sessions for specific issues e.g.: Transition to secondary school, Friendship issues
- Support to parents individually or as a group
Our schools are increasingly using groups as an effective way to support a greater number of pupils however some schools find our expertise in safeguarding particularly helpful. See our sample packages to see what a package for your school could look like.