Seventy years of changing lives in the East Midlands
Faith in Families is celebrating in 2018, as it marks 70 years since the adoption agency and children's charity was set up. We're proud of the work we've done over the last 70 years, and with your support we can keep helping vulnerable children across the East Midlands for another 70 years!
We celebrated our anniversary year with a big birthday cake in January, and we have lots more things planned - so follow us on Facebook
to find out more!
We weren't sure whether we could think of 70 facts to celebrate our 70th birthday, so here are 7 facts that we hope will inform and impress you!
- We were founded in 1948 and started out as a Catholic mother and baby home.
- Lots has changed since then, and to reflect community changes, we became Faith in Families in 2009.
- Our CEO Lynda Fletcher originally adopted her own daughters from Faith in Families, before later joining the agency as a Social Worker!
- We've been rated 'Outstanding' for the last three Ofsted reports - proof that the work we do is incredible.
- We run Reach, a support group for adopted children. In the last year, the children have visited the City farm, gone on a canal boat expedition and to the pantomime!
- Our amazing School Social Workers have worked with over 750 children and young people in schools across the East Midlands, supporting them to cope with any difficulties they are facing.
- We need you! You can help us to support more vulnerable children across the East Midlands. Perhaps you could give us a birthday gift by becoming a regular donor or completing a fundraising challenge for us? Look at our Fundraising page for more information.
Could you support us this year as we celebrate our birthday? We can't do our vital work without support from generous people like you. Check out our Fundraising page
for ways to get involved and help us keep doing our outstanding work.