Adopt Together offers a range of adoption support services for you and your family. From children’s groups to social events and individual counselling; there is a range of services available to suit you.
We offer long-term support to all our families, and by listening and working with you we can ensure that we give you the support you and your family need.
Our support services include:
- Invite to our annual Summer Picnic and Christmas Disco
- Our adopted children’s group who meet up and do activities throughout the year
- Coffee mornings and opportunities to meet with other adopters and have a chat and a catch up
- An after adoption visit with one of our specialist Adoption Support Workers
- Life long available support, we’re always at the end of the phone
- School advice from our specialist Education Advisor
- A dedicated Adoption Support team
- Help with financial matters including adoption allowance and adoption pay
Adoption Support Fund
The Adoption Support Fund is available to adoptive families to help them access therapeutic services and specialist support. Please click the link below for more information provided by Adoption UK.
We offer two groups children’s groups: one for children aged between 5 and 10 years and one for children aged between 11 and 16 years, who have been adopted through Adopt Together. We meet 12 times throughout the year.
If your child or children would like to get together with other adopted children and young people then REACH gives them that opportunity. Every child that joins REACH has the chance to come together with, form relationships and share experiences with other adopted children; forming friendships in a safe and fun environment. All of the staff are therapeutically trained to support your child throughout the day.
“I want to get together again with other adopted people”
REACH offers various activities throughout the year, during the school holidays, held at youth centres – including: Arts
and Crafts Activities, Baking, Music Activities, Dance Workshops. We also have Day Trips to places like Alton Towers and White Post Farm, funded by Happy Days.
“I had the best day of my life ever; it was great fun”
REACH gives young people the chance to meet with their peers, share their feelings about being adopted and the opportunity to discuss their feelings openly with people who understand adoption.
“It’s cool everyone is adopted”
To find out more about REACH please contact Emily McAllister, Adoption Support Manager, Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0115 955 8811.